To manage existing drafts or create a new one, select Articles or Files from the main menu and select the Drafts tab:
The tab lists all existing drafts. If the list is long, use the filter fields above the list to show just the drafts of a particular status, or the drafts with a certain word in their titles.
The Status column shows a color for each draft to indicate its status:
- gray = in progress
- yellow = waiting for approval
- red = rejected
- green = approved
- blue = completed (not required approval)
Click the actions icon in the Action column for a draft to perform one of these actions:
For drafts of articles:
- Approve - Appears if draft requires approval and you are an assignee (are allowed to approve or reject the draft).
- Preview - Display a preview of the draft to review.
- Details - Display details about the darft.
- Edit - Open the draft for editing.
- Delete - Delete the draft.
For drafts of files some extra options available:
- Open - Open the file in a browser if possible.
- Download - Download the file to a location on your computer.
Adding a draft
To add a draft of an article or file, click Add new on the relevant tab and complete the form that appears.
- For a description of the form for adding a draft of an article, see Add an article.
- For a description of the form for adding a draft of a file, see Add a file.
Approve a draft
If you are an assignee for a draft in its current workflow step you can
- approve the draft as-is and either publish it or move it to the next workflow step.
- edit the draft and save your changes before approving it, as in the previous option.
- reject the draft so it returns to the author for further edits.