The quickest way to add a category is to use the Shortcuts menu at the top of your screen.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the top right of the screen and choose Add new category.
Or you can do it via the Categories tab in the Admin Area
- Click on the Articles menu
- Choose the Categories tab
- Click on Add New.
You can also add a category while you are in the middle of adding an article or a file
- Edit the article or file
- Click on the assign categories button (+)
- Click on Add New Category.
Once you are on the category screen you must complete the following sections:
- Add a Title. This is the name that will be displayed on the left menu or in any table of contents.
- Define where it fits in the category hierarchy by choosing a Parent category and an Order. If you don't change these you will add a new top-level category and it will be placed last.
You may also:
- Change how articles are displayed by specifying a category type
- Control read and write access through Private and Active
- Allow users to comment on or rate articles in the category
- Assign a person to approve articles (Supervisor) for the category
You can find out more about each of these fields and how they work in the Category screen explained.