We are proud to announce that the latest version of KBPublisher (v7.0 BETA) is now available for preview and testing. If you would like to try out our new features, and are able to provide feedback on any issues you come across, then why not download our beta version and be the first to see what's new?
New Modules and Features
- The Public area is completely rewritten using responsive web design concepts. Pages render well across a variety of devices and window or screen sizes.
- Article action buttons such as Rate, Export to PDF, etc. are now in a floating panel and are always visible on the screen.
New layout for Admin Area
- Completely rewritten admin area layout is more user friendly and responsive.
- Searchable settings allow you to quickly find and update settings.
- A setup wizard helps you quickly set up your knowledgebase with most common settings.
- Adjustable list views allow you to set up columns in list view per user.
- Interactive page designer allows you to modify the KBPublisher home page and Files page.
- You can move blocks, resize blocks, and add custom blocks to create your preferred layout.
- Social login is a form of single sign-on (SSO) using existing information from a social networking service, such as Facebook or Google+, to sign into KBPublisher. It is designed to simplify logins for end users.
- Available social networking services: Google, Facebook, Yandex, VK.
- Allow visitors to get the whole map of your knowledgebase and quickly find required section.
- Added an option that allows you to skip article revision creation.
- Added an option to quickly add search terms to exclude from the spell checker.
- Added an option which allows you to add custom sorting rules per category.
- Save Article allows end users to create their own featured articles list.
- Meta keywords added to import process.
- Added extra options to glossary items, such as skipping highlighting and matching case.
- Supported Sphinx version 3.1.1.
- and some other small enhancements.
- Improved search by number behaviour. Now it searches in the content first and, if not found and the setting allows, it searches by article ID.
- "Send to friend" option now uses your email client.
- Added a "Resend email" option to registration and reset password forms.
- Added GDPR compliance options that allow you to set up "Agree to Terms" for registration form and cookie consent banner.
- Fixed a news subscription issue where news subscriptions emails were sent when the news date was in the future.
- Fixed lost history revision data.
- Fixed an issue where autosaved copies were not deleted in Drafts module.
- You can download v7.0 BETA from your Client Area.
- Remember that it is a BETA VERSION, not a stable version. It is for preview and testing. We recommend that you install it on a test system, not on your live knowledgebase.
- If you are using Automation Email tasks, please verify your Automation Email tasks after the upgrade.
- KBPublisher 7.0 supports PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7.x series.