Privileges control what a user can do on the system. There are five default privilege groups, but you can also create your own.
You must have administrator access to create new privileges.
To create a new privilege group:
- Click on Users
- Choose the Privileges tab
- Click Add New
Complete the following:
- Title is compulsory
- Privilege level is also compulsory. This controls user security. Users cannot edit users with a privilege level less than their own, even if the access settings allow them to edit users.
- Check privileges as required. A user will be able to do anything that is checked.
The privilege screen explained tells you how each of the options work.
You may also wish to:
- Add a description to explain why this group has been set up and how it should be used
- Prevent users in this group from logging on by making the group inactive.