User access is controlled by privileges.
There are five default privilege groups.
- Administrator sets up the system, controls user accounts, creates templates, designs and so on
- Moderator has access to every part of the system except settings. The moderator generally creates users, organises categories and manages the knowledgebase on a day to day basis
- Editor can add, edit and delete articles, files, comments and visitor feedback. This is the person responsible for the overall content of the knowledge base. They are also the person who manages visitor comments and feedback.
- Author (trusted) provides the actual content. A trusted author can add, edit or delete articles and files. When they have completed an article and published it, the article appears immediately in the article list
- Author (untrusted) also provides content, and can add edit or delete articles and files but their articles and files do not appear in the knowledgebase immediately. They must be approved by an editor or a moderator. Once an article or file is approved, the untrusted author can no longer edit it.
You can also create your own privilege groups.
You can stop all users in a privilege group from logging on by making the privilege inactive.