Remote authentication allows you to integrate your organization's authentication system with KBPublisher.
Configuration requires only a few simple steps.
Steps to enable Remote Authentication
- Set the config variable $conf['auth_remote'] in the file admin/config.inc.php to 1
- Click on Settings
- Click LDAP Authentication
- Set up LDAP settings and authentication options, see this article for details
- In case if youy want to use Auto Authentication, you set it up, see this article for details
Quick summary of the process
- End user goes to site
- Remote Authentication checks for valid user credentials
- If auto-authentication is set, does this automatically
- If auto-authentication is not set, user logs in first
- KBPublisher authenticates the user .
You can see how your remote authentication works in logs Logs/Logins
For debugging every last login is logged to a file called last_remote_login.log in the KBPublisher cache directory (APP_CACHE_DIR in admin/config.inc.php ).
For example: /home/username/ kb_cache/last_remote_login.log