KBPublisher can be extensively customized and you can get some spectacular results if you want to design your own site.
The default format of the KBPublisher Public Area is:
- The standard header is controlled by the Header field.
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> Header
- Include the header by checking the Header field
- Remove the Header by un-checking this field
If no header is assigned, a header is controlled by the Header title field,
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> Header title
- Likewise, the left menu is standard. The menu is controlled by the View Format field which is under Look & Feel,
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> View Format
The menu choices are either Browseable, Left Menu or Intranet.
- Directly under the header are menu options and a breadcrumb trail.
The menu options, which are extra links which can be included in the menu, are displayed first. For example, you might want to include a "Home" link if the knowledgebase is part of a larger site.
The menus are controlled by the Extra links in navigation field
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> Extra items in navigation
To include extra links click [...] button and you can manage extra links.
The breadcrumb trail is displayed after any extra links. It reflects the article you are currently viewing in the knowledgebase.
- Extra items in menu
The menu options, which are extra links in navigation menu.
The menus are controlled by the Extra items in menu field
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> Extra items in menu
To include extra menu items click [...].
- The News area of this page is optional.
Settings -> Public Area -> Common -> News
- Enable News Module controls whether or not news displays not on the Public Area home page
- Number of news on index page sets how many news items are displayed
- Display 'News' link in menu determines whether or not there is a menu option for news
- This area will changed depending on "View Format". The main page will display knowledgebase categories, the most recent and the most popular articles.
Public Area -> Articles -> Recent articles, Public Area -> Articles -> Most viewed articles and Public Area -> Articles -> Category columns settings