Assigning a category to a file is a two-part process. First you assign the category, and then you define the order the item is displayed in that category
To assign the category
- Create or edit the article
- Click on the plus (+) button on the right-hand side of the category field.
This opens the Assign Category screen.
- Select the Category from the list of categories (1)
- Click on the plus (+) button at the right-hand side to add this category to the list of assigned categories (2)
- If you wish this category to be the default category, then select the category in the Assigned list and then click on the Set Default button (3) to make this the default category
- Click OK to save your changes and exit from the Assign Category screen
You can add multiple categories.
On the Assign Category screen you can also:
- Filter the list to reduce the number of categories displayed
- Add a new category by clicking the Add New Category button
- Remove existing categories by clicking on them in the Assigned Categories box, and then clicking on the minus (-) button.
To quickly assign a category you can:
- Double-click on the category, or
- Click on the category, then press <Shift> and <Enter>
To quickly unassign a category you can:
- Double-click on the assigned category.
To display only top categories you can:
- Type top: in filter field
To order the category
When you exit from assigning the category the new categories are listed at the bottom of the screen.
- This will now contain a list of each category you have added, and an order. By default, articles are placed at the end of the category.
- Click on the order drop-down list beneath the category you wish to re-order
- Select a new position from the list
- Click OK to save the changes,