Version 3.0 of KBPublisher is now available.
What's new in KBPublisher 3.0
Category role based access
- Able to make any category private so that users must log on to read
- Able to assign roles for a category so that only users with assigned roles will have access to entries in that category.
Entry role based access
- Able to make any entry private so that users must log on to read
- Able to assign roles for the entry so that only users with assigned roles will have access to these entries.
- Files are now browsable the same way as articles
- Files area can be used as a download area of the knowledgebase.
Search in files
- Able to search the content of files
- Support for pdf, txt and html.
- User roles allow you to set up role based access, or you can use it just to organize users
- Roles are organized as a tree.
- You can now create as many user privileges as you want.
User/member module rewritten
- Now any user can have access to both the Public area and Admin area (if they have appropriate privileges), no more double login required.
Category display type
- Three category display types. Browsable (default), Book or Quick FAQ
- Book - ideal for user manuals, etc.
- Quick FAQ - all articles displayed in one page. Ideal for FAQ sections of the knowledgebase.
Different menu type
- No menu
- Left Tree menu
- Left "FollowOn" menu
- Able to create and assign type for articles. Any type can have its own template
- Able to display article type on public site with article title. e.g. 123 - INFO: Article title
- Customizable article templates.
Update article link
- A link in the public area to update the article if the user has privileges
- Full and Quick update modes.
Remote authentication / LDAP authentication
- Able to integrate your organization's authentication system with KBPublisher.
- Article approval flow
- File approval flow
- User approval flow
- User companies
- Search by article ID in public area
- More filter options in articles Admin Area
- Editable article statuses
- Editable file statuses
- Editable user statuses
- Editable Feedback subjects
- Code optimization for faster response times.