This article explains how to set up write permissions in the required folders for configuring IIS 7.0, 7.5, or 8.0 for KBPublisher.
Using the standard folders structure for IIS and KBPublisher set write permissions for following folders:
- C:/interpub/wwwroot/kb_upload - for uploads via HTML editor
- C:/interpub/kb_file - for uploads via "Files" module
- C:/interpub/kb_cache - for cache files
*Note: this is the default category structure. Your configuration might be different.
For each of the above folders, do the following:
- Right-click the directory, then choose Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- Find the IUSR account
(If IUSR is not in the list, add it by clicking Edit, then clicking Add, and then typing "IUSR" in the "Enter the object names to select" field.)
- Highlight the user in the list, click Edit, and grant the account Modify and Write permissions