You can create your own article types:
- From the Tools menu choose the Lists tab
- Click on Article Type
- Choose Add New
You must include:
- A title. This is the article type name. e.g. FAQ.
You can also add:
- A description, an explanation of what this article type is used for.
- An article template. This is default text and/or formatting that is created for all articles of this type. For example, you might create an article type of system errors. For each article of this type you require three sections: error number, error message and anexplanation, so you create a System Error type template with these three headings. When an author creates a new article based on System Error, these three headings are automatically included in the article, so all they have to do is fill in the details.
- The order this item is in the article type list. This defaults to 1, which places the new type at the top of the list.
- Whether or not the type is active. If the type is not active, then you will not be able to choose this as a type.