We are proud to announce that the latest version of KBPublisher, v 5.5, is now available. We have added some much-requested features and have improved existing features.
New Modules and Features
- The Automations feature allows users to pre-set certain KBPublisher actions, such as notifications based on certain conditions, and article publishing. For example, use this function to keep articles up-to-date by defining notifications to be sent to authors if one of their articles has not been updated within 6 months.
- The Drafts module grants users the ability to create new articles, or modify existing published articles without interfering with live publications. Users can create and modify drafts in a separate area until each draft is finished and ready to go live.
- The Drafts module also provides the opportunity to allow specific users access to create drafts that must be submitted for approval before publication.
- Workflow routes a document or item to a group of people for review. You can use it to manage the approval process for the publication of articles.
- Reviewers can provide feedback on an article. The feedback is compiled and sent to the person who initiated the workflow.
- This feature helps your knowledgebase users when they search for documents or files, by suggesting the correct spelling of the words the users are entering as search terms.
- The Views/Hits Report module lets you monitor the number of views and downloads an article, news item or file has had.
- KBPublisher can flexibly generate transaction reports according to your needs, such as the number of views and downloads for each knowledgebase item per day, per week or per month.
- The Trash feature lets you recover accidentally-deleted articles. It stores all "deleted" entries in a temporary storage location instead of permanently deleting them.
New Export Modules
- The "Export KB to HTML" module lets you export all KBPublisher data, or the contents of a particular category, for offline browsing.
- The "Export Articles" module lets you export articles into XML, CVS, or Excel format for offline storage or review..
- This feature allows to set articles as